Sunday, May 20, 2012

The Avengers Movie

SUCH. AN AWESOME. MOVIE! It has got to be one of, if not the best Marvel movie. Due to unavoidable circumstances, I was unable to see it until 2 days ago, which makes me glad I'm not Bruce Banner, or else everything in a 5 mile radius would be destroyed. Speaking of Hulk, I absolutely loved him in Avengers. Before I saw it, I wasn't too sure he was the best choice, but now I don't think it would have been nearly as good with someone else. I heard that the new Hulk actor whose name escapes me signed a 6 movie contract and that Avengers will be a trilogy, so we can expect some cool new Hulk movies unless he appears in 3 of someone else's movies, which I find unlikely. I also thought Hawkeye was really great too, and he totally deserves his own movie(s). Black Widow was cool, but between her and Hawkeye I would be way more excited for a Hawkeye movie. At the very least, he should be in all 3 Avengers movies and make another guest appearance like in Thor. Maybe in Iron Man 3 or something since he used to be an Iron Man character. But back to Avengers, I think this officially marks the true debut of SHIELD as it should be. In Iron Man 1, it was just some government agency. By Thor, it was a government agency with Nick Fury and the Black Widow that sought out superhumans and powerful objects. But now, it's an agency with lead by Nick Fury that has Black Widow, Maria Hill, a Helicarrier, and assembled the Avengers. That's the SHIELD I know. And after the credits, I hope you already know this and I'm not spoiling it for you, but ............... THANOS THANOS THANOS THANOS THANOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah. Thanos. I was wondering what, if anything, would be after the credits of Avengers, since all the after credits scenes since Iron Man 1 were leading up to this movie. At least now we know who's going to be in the next one, and I gotta say I am excited. He's one of the coolest cosmic villains they could have brought in, especially since the movie industry already ruined Galactus (in the clouds and fire, you could vaguely ee his real face for a couple seconds, but I'm still not happy about that, since he would have been awesome in an Avengers movie). Thank you very much, FF2. Sarcasm. I should be fair though, it wasn't the worst movie; it just butchered everything Galactus should be. Surprisingly not sarcasm. Anyway, if you still haven't seen Avengers, drop what you're doing and go see it. Well, actually, since what you're doing is reading this: finish what you'te doing, drop whatever you were going to do next unless a life depends on it or something, and go see the Avengers movie.

No comments: