Sunday, July 22, 2012

The Dark Knight Rises: a Batman Event

As you can tell from that first sentence, it was an incredibly awesome movie! Just like the title, it's a lot like the Dark Knight, but everything about it has risen. I really can't think of anything I didn't like about it. The main villain was great, the surprise villain who I never saw coming was great, I liked the unexpected appearance of an old villain who I won't name, even though his role was short and not much came of it,  Batman had awesome gadgets and fithr scenes, most of the cast of Inception were in it and all did a really good job, and also the music was awesome and reminded me of Inception, which I thought had great music. I would totally use either of those two soundtracks to beat someone up to, or even just to walk around to. But it would have to be really loud and coming out of nowhere. It's not as fun if its just being played through some speakers. It should be almost like life is set to music. Remind me to write a post about that concept. I have more to say about it, but for now it will have to wait. I was expecting a lot from this movie, but it met, exceeded and rose far above my hopes. this is the movie Batman needs, and the movie he deserves. If it was just three hoursish of guns and explosions and Batman beating on thugs, I probably still would have enjoyed it to be honest, but it's so much more than that. It has real emotion and depth. In order to rise, one first must fall, and Bruce certainly did. Batman being broken just hurts to watch. They couldn't  have told this story with any other villain. The villain(s) is (are) far more than (with all due respect) some psycho murderer in a costume. And I say that in the nicest of ways as far as Joker, Two-Face, and all those guys are concerned. Puls, the other two movies in the trilogy had this too, but less so, there were moments when something happens that's just so awesome you don't even know what to say. And I can't confirm this since it was cold in the theater, but I think I might've got awesomeness goosebumps. But it was cold in there, so I can't be sure until it comes out on DVD. But anyway, while we're on the topic of not knowing what to say, I'm just kind of rambling here, and not completely sure how to smoothly end this post. So I won't end it smoothly.  
ME SAY ME STOP WRITING NOW!

No comments: