Friday, June 28, 2013

The Bat-Glare

I've recently realized that Batman's most powerful tool isn't his armor, it's not his batarangs, not the batmobile, but the bat-glare. Especially in the cartoon series Justice League Unlimited (which is quite good I might add). Some of you may wonder exactly what the bat-glare is, so instead of describing it, I'll show you what I mean.
 
See what I'm saying? Even the Martian Manhunter, who is as powerful or maybe more powerful than Superman, is intimidated by the bat-glare. Same with Booster Gold, one of the most arrogant heroes around. Some of the clips from the video above were from the Justice Lords episode, where the Justice League from a parallel universe sets up a dictatorship of the world, so I've wondered what would happen if our Batman and evil Batman used the bat-glare on each other? I've narrowed it down to two possibilities: either the two bat-glares cancel each other out, or the whole universe implodes. It could go either way.

No comments: