Sunday, August 12, 2012

Rumble and Frenzy

One of the greatest debates of the Transformers universe is which of these otherwise identical Decepticons is blue and which one is red. In the G1 cartoon, Rumble was blue, but according to the toy line, he was red. He was also red in the Alternators series. But in War for Cybertron, he was blue. I think a lot of lines that include them sell them in a two pack now to avoid people disagreeing with their naming of each twin. There's too much confusion. I can't get no relief. Hasbro and Takara have contradicted themselves so many times on this subject though, that personally, I consider it a matter of opinion. To me, Rumble will always be blue and Frenzy will always be red. I doubt I'll ever be able to look at the red one and think Rumble. If you call the blue one Frenzy, I disagree with you, but I respect that. I think it's a matter of individual opinion, and you have the right to your own. However, if it's not the same as mine, you are wrong (I'm pretty sure I'm joking). Whatever you call him though, I think the blue one is my favorite cassetticon. When I did a post on Soundwave, I said Ravage was my favorite, but I've changed my mind since then. In case you're wondering, my favorite cassetticons are: the one I call Rumble, Laserbeak, Ravage, the one I call Frenzy, Ratbat, Overkill, Beastbox, Slugfest and Squawktalk in that order. I'm not going to go into Blaster and his cassettes, since I don't not like Blaster, but he always reminds me of Soundwave's abilities and Jazz's personality with Cliffjumper's head. I know he doesn't look that much like Cliffjumper and there are differences between him and Jazz, but I'm pretty sure if you combined those three characters, you'd get Blaster.  Back to Ruble and Frenzy though, whatever you think of them, you have to agree: No one calls Soundwave uncrazzimatic! If you ask me, Soundwave is very crazzimatic.

No comments: