Monday, August 13, 2012

Deadpool 2013

Well, it looks like the Merc With A Mouth is finally getting what he deserves. A video game starring him. And it's about time. Since they ruined him in X-Men Origins: Wolverine, he needs redemption, and I think this is it. Plus, everyone loves Deadpool in the games he's already in, so it's time he got his own. High Moon Studios is releasing it next year, and I think they'll do a great job with it. I've already expressed my admiration of War For Cybertron and my excitement for Fall of Cybertron, and now they're making another game I'm looking forward to. What I like about their work on Transformers is that they put a little bit of their own spin on the source material, while still remaining very true to it. Even the way they announced it just screams Deadpool; if you haven't heard, they announced it at the SDCC Marvel games panel by having Deadpool himself (no, not some actor or voice actor) come in and talk about his new game, then show a trailer. Everything he said and did was just so Deadpoolish. Same with the trailer. Here: watch it.
See what I mean? And here's him crashing the panel:

No comments: