Thursday, August 16, 2012

Ras Al Ghul

This guy has the coolest job in the world. He's immortal and is the leader of a ninja assassin group. I guess around 600 years is enough for him, but if I were in his position, I wouldn't want to die. This dude has everything! Wealth, power, sufficient martial arts skills to kill almost anything, and freakin' immortality. But he just wants to give it all away. And to one of his enemies. Personally, I think it would be a cool story arc if for a short time, Batman did become the leader of the League of Shadows/League of Assassins. Call it whichever you prefer, but for now I'm just going to say Shadows. Anyway though, it would be an interesting story, but I don't think he should ever take that job permanently. Especially since what would he call himself after that? Still Batman? It seems to me that he would need to change it up a little. To be honest, I kind of like the sound of Bruce Al Ghul, but it doesn't make a ton of sense. I don't speak Arabic, but I'm pretty sure that would translate to The Demon's Bruce. Or there's a chance it could be The Bruce's Head, which would make even less sense. Plus, it would give away his first name. He could use some Arabic phrase about demons and bats, but I still don't think it would work. If it was me though, I think I would seriously consider becoming "Arabic Phrase About Bats and Demons". And if I did, I would modify the Batsuit to include a tunic or something, then grow some weird-in-an-awesome-way facial hair. The only part of it that I'm not quite sold on is marrying Talia. She's just a little bit evil. Not completely evil like in the movie. If you only know her from there, then I'll give you a little background. In the comic books, Ras wants Batman to kill and replace him, then marry Talia, and she's totally fine with that idea, which scares a little bit. It's not like in the movie where it was all a setup with all that slow knife stuff. She has genuine feelings for Bruce. More importantly though, even if he wanted you to, killing a guy, taking his job, then marrying his daughter is just, well, awkward.

No comments: