Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Batman: Arkham Origins

Now that a trailer is out there for Arkham Origins, I might as well do a post about it. So first of all, here's the trailer if you haven't seen it yet:
So that looks pretty good, huh? Personally, I couldn't be happier with their choice of villains. For the main villain they chose Black Mask, a lesser known villain who seems pretty cool in this from what little we see of him in this trailer. What I really like though is Deathstroke being in this. Bats is my favorite DC hero, so a game with him against possibly my favorite DC villain is something I'm going to play very happily. Sometimes I even root for Slade when he fights the Teen Titans, depending what version it is. I wasn't thrilled with Deathstroke's look when I read the Game Informer article, but now that we've seen him in action, I think he looks like a total BAMF. A little less impressive looking but still cool is Deadshot, who also seems to be a character in this game. They don't name him in the trailer, but judging from his eyepiece and extreme sniping skills, I think it's a pretty safe bet to say that's Deadshot. Especially since the story involves Black Mask hiring the world's deadliest assassins to kill the Batman. Black Mask is pretty hardcore and I like him, but I gotta say this is probably the one and only time that if they have one of those plot twists where the real main villain is actually someone other than who we thought was the main villain, I would be totally fine with it. If you don't know what I'm talking about, think about The Dark Knight Rises. The main villain turned out to be Talia Al Ghul and not Bane. Something similar also happens in the third installment of another superhero movie trilogy that happens to also star a genius billionaire playboy philanthropist who shall not be named for the purpose of spoilers. We all know who I'm talking about, but I'll sleep easier if I don't go right out and say it. So anyway, I usually don't like when that happens, but if it does in this game, I would be completely okay with it, since that would make Deathstroke the primary antagonist, and he is more than qualified considering his combat skills, strategic mastery, and genius intellect. Playing as him would be cool, so there's a good chance I'll preorder the game, but to be safe I'll wait in case another preorder bonus is announced (which one usually is) from a different store, so then I can choose what I want, but it'll be pretty hard to beat Deathstroke. Or maybe I'll just be lazy and not preorder, then buy the DLC codes secondhand. Either way, I'm still f'sho getting this game.

No comments: